Dietary Cook (Growth Opportunities + Benefits)
Areyou inspired by helping people? So are we!
If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, thisis the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and extra hourly bonuses including: additional $1 hourly Wellness Bonus for great attendance, and $1 - $3 additional hourly Hero Bonus for direct care staff (bonuses only available for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Ceres PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is tooffer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acutephase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary,restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial carebasis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essentialdaily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across ourvast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of ourstaff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation ofstrong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Cook – Dietary Aide to prepare food items of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the needs of our residents for the dining room. If you have a passion for healthcare, this is the right opportunity for you!
What You’ll Do:
- Prepares and/or pre-portions food (such as beverages, salads, desserts, and other items assigned by the supervisor) for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu and production sheets and as directed.
- Handles food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies and procedures.
- Insures that food is served in an attractive, appetizing manner. Uses proper tasting technique to insure quality taste and palatability prior to service.
- Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and service. Records food temperatures according to established policy.
- Assists with the setup of the tray line. Assembles trays according to the planned menu and tray tickets, stated portion, resident food preferences, and diet order and within the established time schedules. Assists in checking trays during service for accuracy.
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience in a fast paced kitchen or healthcare setting
- Current California Food Handler’s Card
Ceres PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.