Social Services Director (Benefits + Growth Opportunities)
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make a positive impact by helping and caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for hourly bonuses are available for direct care staff (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Ceres PostAcute Care is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re currently looking for a Social Services Director to plan, develop, organize and evaluate the overall operations of our Social Services Department in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics and federal, state and local guidance.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborates with social services staff, interdisciplinary team, and administration to promote and protect patient rights, dignity, independence and psychological well-being.
- Maintains good working relationships with center employees, meeting with administration and nursing staff to collaborate and plan.
- Assures a comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment is completed for each patient that identifies social, emotional, psychological needs and strengths.
- Educates patients and families regarding their rights and responsibilities, health care decision making/advance directives, effective problem solving, and available community resources.
- Provides therapeutic interventions to assist patients to cope with their transition and adjustment to a long-term care facility and to address behavior or mood problems.
What You'll Bring:
- Compassion for the elderly and commitment to hospitality and service.
- Positive and nurturing personality, a true want to help and care for those in need.
- 1-3 years of experience supervising Social Services 1-3 years in a health care setting required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Social Work.
- Must possess certifications/licensures as required by State of CA to practice in long-term care.
- Additional certification in Geriatric Case Management, Hospice & Palliative Care, Gerontology, Clinical Social Work, Health Care, Nephrology, Mental Health, and/or Substance Abuse preferred.
- Team oriented and collaborative spirit.
Ceres PostAcute Care is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.