DSD - Director of Staff Development (Benefits + Growth Opportunities)
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we! If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
What We Offer:
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full Time, Part Time, and Students) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonuses are available for Admins and Full Time direct care staff (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Vista Del Sol PostAcute Care by Reliant Management is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Licensed Vocational Nurse, to serve as Director of Staff Development and successfully manage day to day operations. This a full-time, permanent position ideal for an enthusiastic individual at a great organization
As Director of Staff Development, your primary purpose would be to plan, direct, evaluate and coordinate educational programs to meet state and federal requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide the orientation, educational and learning opportunities within a supportive environment
- Assist personnel in gaining knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to safely and effectively perform assigned duties involved in the care of residents
- Responsible for scheduling CNA's, and will work closely with the Director of Nursing monitoring the activities of nursing personnel to ensure quality care that complies with state, federal and facility standards
- Direct the infection prevention and control program and its activities
- Executing physician orders. Provide nursing support, utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- Communicate results of laboratory and other diagnostic testing to the physician, and evaluating signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient’s condition.
- Ensure the care and safety of patients
- Other Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) and duties as assigned
- Schedule: AM, PM, and NOC shifts/rotations available
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience nursing as an LVN and supervisory DSD role.
- Current LVN license in the state of CA and certification as DSD by California Department of Public Health
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with minimal supervision