Cook/Dietary Aide (Growth Opportunities)
Areyou inspired by helping people? So are we!
If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, thisis the opportunity for you!
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking to hire a self-motivated, efficient, responsible Cook – Dietary Aide to prepare food items of sufficient quality and quantity to meet the needs of our residents for the dining room.
What You’ll Do:
- Read menus, recipes, and review all necessary steps in meal preparation with the Dietary Services Manager
- Help prepare all necessary menu items, determine quantity of food needed and follow recipes
- Serve meals using portions listed on menu; use proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Provide effective and courteous service to all residents, guests, and coworkers
- Prepare substitute items to meet resident's individual needs
- Cover, date and label all leftovers and store properly
- Help receive and check all deliveries against invoices issued by the Dietary Services Manager
- Follow established security routine; use proper infection control techniques and protective equipment; use proper safety techniques
- Clean all food preparation equipment including; grills, broilers, ovens, steamer tables, mixers, microwave ovens, toasters etc.
- Conduct work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility safety program
- Assist in the dining room and dish rooms, and other food service areas as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Previous experience in a fast paced kitchen or healthcare setting (Preferred)
- Current California Food Handler’s Card
Pay is negotiable based on experience.