DON - Director of Nursing (Benefits + Growth Opportunities)
Areyou inspired by helping people? So are we!
If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, thisis the opportunity for you!
Vista Del Sol PostAcute Care byReliant Management is a skilled nursing facility. Our primary function is tooffer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We focus on providing care for patients who are not in the acutephase of illness or requiring services in a hospital and who require primary,restorative, or skilled nursing services on an inpatient or custodial carebasis. Our goal is to help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essentialdaily living.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across ourvast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of ourstaff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation ofstrong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a dynamic Director of Nursing to lead our clinical team and provide our residents with an exceptional care experience. We need you to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of your Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
What You Will Do:
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems
- Coordinate care and services to improve organization and implementation of plans of care, and quality of life and for all residents.
- Ensure proper assessment of all prospective residents prior to admission including visiting client at their home or in the hospital.
- Develop staffing plans that assure sufficient staffing to meet direct care needs, recommend numbers and types of nursing personnel necessary to provide care and maintain compliance
- Ensure 24hour availability as nursing administration resource by providing on-call and telephone access or designating an alternative, qualified nursing staff member to do so.
- Audit clinical records for accuracy and completeness of comprehensive resident assessments, effective documentation reflecting resident responses to interventions and consistent implementation of plans of care by all staff and professionals, on all shifts.
- Conduct quality assessment and assurance activities, including regulatory compliance rounds, in all departments to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality
- Lead and participate in interdisciplinary conferences as needed to develop adequate plans of care.
- Establish and maintain established policies, procedures, CQI programs and safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Provide direct administrative and technical supervision of nursing, admissions and continuing care functions.
- Establish performance goals.
- Provide leadership in planning, organization, evaluation and fiscal management
- Collaborate with executive management team on Goals of our home
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to develop and promote programs to enhance the resident’s quality of life and healthcare
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations and the policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets and allocation of funds based upon a review of department estimates and recommendations.
What You’ll Bring:
- 2 years of DON experience in a California Skilled Nursing Facility required
- Unrestricted RN license in the state of California
- Must be able to pass background check and have no history of abuse
What We Offer:
- Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer competitive pay and many opportunities for advancement within the medical field.
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.