Social Services Director (Benefits + Growth Opportunities)
Are you inspired by helping people? So are we!
If you’re looking to make an impact by caring for others, this is the opportunity for you!
Vista Del Sol PostAcute Care by Reliant Management provides physical, occupational and speech therapy services to skilled nursing facilities.
Using our proprietary clinical programs, we service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
What We’re Looking For:
We’re currently looking for a Social Services Director to plan, develop, organize and evaluate the overall operations of our Social Services Department in accordance with the National Association of Social Workers(NASW) Code of Ethics and federal, state and local guidance.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborates with social services staff, interdisciplinary team, and administration to promote and protect patient rights, dignity, independence and psychological well-being
- Maintains good working relationships with center employees, meeting with administration and nursing staff to collaborate and plan
- Assures a comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment is completed for each patient that identifies social, emotional, psychological needs and strengths.
- Educates patients and families regarding their rights and responsibilities, health care decision making/advance directives, effective problem solving, and available community resources
- Provides therapeutic interventions to assist patients to cope with their transition and adjustment to a long-term care facility and to address behavior or mood problems
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Social Work
- Must possess certifications/licensures as required by State of employment to practice in long-term care
- Supervised Social Services experience of 1-3 years in a health care setting
- Additional certification in Geriatric Case Management, Hospice & Palliative Care, Gerontology, Clinical Social Work, Health Care, Nephrology, Mental Health, and/or Substance Abuse preferred
- Management/administrative/supervisory experience preferred
What We Offer:
- Benefits: Full Time employees are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer competitive pay and many opportunities for advancement within the medical field.
- Pay is negotiable based on experience.